Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cream Buns

After Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella mentioned tuckshop food, I remembered our AWW cards had a recipe for cream buns.  I am not talking about fancy brioche bread with freshly whipped cream, I'm talking about the cream buns with plenty of mock cream and that red sticky stuff that passed as jam.  Those buns that were so tightly wrapped in clingfilm that half the cream comes away with the plastic wrap as you unwrap your bun.  

I am not sure if this recipe for mock cream gives you the mock cream found in cream buns, to me it looks like a buttercream.  Let me know if you try this recipe!
australian women's weekly recipe card cream bun

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mock cream recipe does sounds like buttercream. Nevertheless, the cream buns look delicious.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...